Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Take a hike with Garlic Parmesan Roasted Chickpeas

Typically, I spend my Saturdays out shopping. This past weekend, in and effort to be more active, my mom and I decided to go for a hike. Don't get me wrong, shopping is my favorite cardio but we wanted to do something that's a higher calorie burner. Plus, I got to take the puppy!

Bella loves going for hikes.

What's a hike without a great healthy snack? We brought along a few apples and oranges and I also made Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Chickpeas. They were delicious! I was a little apprehensive when I first heard of Oven Roasted Chickpeas. I just didn't think they could turn out very well but I was happily surprised when they came out of the oven and absolutely rocked.


Ingredients: 
1 Can of Garbanzo Beans (AKA Chickpeas)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Parmesan Cheese
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper

Rinse the garbanzo beans and let them dry a bit. While they are drying, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Drizzle the Olive Oil over the Garbanzo Beans and shake to make sure they are all evenly coated.

Throw on the Parmesan, Garlic Powder, Salt & Pepper. Toss again to evenly coat all the Chickpeas.

Pour the seasoned Chickpeas on a baking sheet and place in a the preheated oven. 
Bake for about 15 minutes then toss them and bake for an additional 15 minutes. 

Remove from the oven once they are crisp and golden. To make them extra crunchy turn on the broiler for 3-5 minutes but watch them like a hawk to avoid burning.

    Servings Per 1/2 Cup
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 129 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 152                    Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
5.8g
9%
Saturated Fat
0.7g
4%
Trans Fat
0.0g
Cholesterol
1mg
0%
Sodium
380mg
16%
Total Carbohydrates
18.6g
6%
Dietary Fiber
5.2g
21%
Sugars
1.5g
Protein
6.8g
Vitamin A 0%Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 10%Iron 9%
Nutrition Grade B-
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet


What do ya'll like to bring with you on a hike? 


Click here for the Printable Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment