Monday, March 4, 2013

Chocolate Coconut Oil Candies

As you all know from my Whipped Coconut Oil post a few weeks back, I love Coconut Oil. I'm convinced it is the greatest thing to happen to my life. Okay, so maybe I'm overreacting but it is really awesome.


I am aware that I am really late posting this. But it doesn't have to be Valentine's Day to enjoy amazing chocolate, does it? When I say amazing I really mean it. I think it actually tastes like Almond Joy fudge. So good. And quick. So whenever I'm having a killer chocolate craving this will be my new go-to. The only issue I have with it is that it's pretty high in calories. I mean about 100 calories a piece. I'm working on finding a way to make it just as delicious and about half the calories. When that happens I'll let you know.

You will need:

1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil (I've started using Trader Joe's Coconut Oil because it has a subtle coconut flavor)
2 Tbsp PB2 or regular peanut butter

You'll also need a silicon candy or ice cube mold.

throw both the chocolate chips and the coconut oil in a bowl.

microwave for 30 seconds intervals, stirring until smooth.

once it's smooth add the PB2 and stir until well incorporated. 

Spoon the mixture into the silicon mold and place the mold in the freezer for about 15 minutes until they are fully hardened. 

Once they are ready to go you can pop them out and enjoy. 
To keep them from melting I kept them in the fridge. 



Nutrition Facts Per Candy:
Calculated on CalorieCounter.com
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 19 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories
100
Calories from Fat
60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
6.6g
10%
Saturated Fat
5.1g
26%
Trans Fat
0.0g
Cholesterol
0mg
0%
Sodium
7mg
0%
Total Carbohydrates
10.6g
4%
Sugars
9.3g
Protein
1.5g
Vitamin A 0%Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0%Iron 2%
Nutrition Grade D-
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

No comments:

Post a Comment