Monday, March 11, 2013

Green Elvis Protein Shake

In honor of St. Patrick's Day this coming weekend, Pretty Little Pantry is going GREEN! Well, I mean all green food that is. Wish me luck in my quest to come up with ideas for green food all week.

To start the week off I've decided to share my favorite after-gym treat. I like to call this delicious protein shake the "Green Elvis". As we all know, Elvis loved peanut butter and banana sandwiches and for good reason. Peanut butter and banana is possibly the greatest combination to ever be invented. So in honor of The King and his delicious sandwich I've named my favorite smoothie after him.


Now this smoothie is obviously much better for you than Elvis' favorite treat but I believe it tastes even better. Seriously. 


Ingredients:
1  Banana (it's even better if it's frozen)
1 Scoop Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
1/2 Cup 0% Greek Yogurt 
1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (Or whichever you prefer)
2 Tbsp PB2
~4 Cups Spinach (I just fill the blender almost to the top with spinach)

Take all of the ingredients and just dump them in the blender and press the smoothie button. 

That's it. Enjoy. 
It's really really good. It makes about 2 large cups and it keeps you full for hours. 


Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 641 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 
388
Calories from Fat 
66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 
7.4g
11%
Saturated Fat 
0.7g
4%
Trans Fat 
0.0g
Cholesterol 
20mg
7%
Sodium 
666mg
28%
Total Carbohydrates 
49.2g
16%
Dietary Fiber 
9.7g
39%
Sugars 
25.4g
Protein 
40.1g
Vitamin A 237%Vitamin C 73%
Calcium 198%Iron 67%
Nutrition Grade A
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

               What do you enjoy after a good workout?

No comments:

Post a Comment