Saturday, October 4, 2014

Homemade Egg White Delight

I'm back!!! And hopefully for good this time. Quick catch up since it's been months since I've posted anything. The company I was working for closed down and it got me into a bit of a rut and I was too stressed being out of work to count calories and diet and I kind of fell off the wagon but I'm back. I have a really great job at an accounting firm and I'm ready to get back in this.


I have a terrible habit of running late for work. When I notice that I'm running late and ran out of time to make breakfast I end up stopping at the McDonald's on the way and picking up an Egg White Delight. It's only 250 calories and its super tasty but it's probably not all that great for me or my wallet. So I decided that I would go ahead and make a few of my own and stick them in the freezer. Whenever I am running a bit late I'll take one from the freezer, stick it in my bag and heat it up in the microwave at work. After the egg was done I placed the three slices of ham on the hot skillet and let them fry up a bit.



Ingredients:
1 light whole grain English muffin
2 large egg whites
1 mini Babybel light cheese
3 slices thin sliced lean smoked ham



I just threw the English muffin in the toaster oven and while it was toasting I fried up the egg in Pam. While the egg was cooking I rolled out the Babybel so that it was fat and large enough to fit on my sandwich.

For the rest of the sandwiches I just wrapped them in aluminum foil and placed them in the freezer. So now whenever I'm running late I can just grab one and take it to work. All I have to do now is unwrap the sandwich and place it in the microwave for 2 minutes. 

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 204 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 
220                    
Calories from Fat 
51
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 
5.7g
9%
Saturated Fat 
2.6g
13%
Trans Fat 
0.0g
Cholesterol 
45mg
15%
Sodium 
1128mg
47%
Potassium 
108mg
3%
Total Carbohydrates 
25.4g
8%
Dietary Fiber 
8.0g
32%
Sugars 
0.9g
Protein 
19.6g
Vitamin A 6%Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 35%Iron 9%
Nutrition Grade B-
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

No comments:

Post a Comment