Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Almond Joy Oatmeal

I haven't been posting a lot because I've been in a bit of a funk. I've been having a hard time staying motivated lately and seem to be sabotaging myself every weekend. It's time to kick it into high gear and stop with the junk food. 

I had fallen in love with the Almond Joy Smoothie had been drinking it for breakfast a lot until it got really cold. (Definitely not nearly as cold as the east coast though). I thought I would throw together an Almond Joy Oatmeal to keep me warm and happy. I've been adding flax seed to my oatmeal every morning and I love what it does to the texture of the oatmeal. It also really keeps me full longer. 


Ingredients:
1/3 Cup Oatmeal (1-minute, quick cooking oats)
2 tbsp ground flax seed
1/2 Cup Water
2 tbsp Sweetened Coconut flakes
1 tbsp dark Chocolate Chips
10 raw almonds
sweetener optional 

In a bowl mix the dry oats with the 2 tbsp ground flax. Add the water and microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. Stir and top with the remaining ingredients. 


Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories 295
Calories from Fat 161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17.9g
28%
Saturated Fat 6.4g
32%
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 0mg
0%
Sodium 46mg
2%
Total Carbohydrates 22.9g
8%
Dietary Fiber 9.2g
37%
Sugars 9.7g
Protein 10.1g
Vitamin A 0%Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 8%Iron 11%
Nutrition Grade B-
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

No comments:

Post a Comment