Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Almond Joy Protein Smoothie

Happy Halloween Week!! 


I love Halloween! It is such a fun excuse to have a themed party and eat candy! My favorite candy growing up was always Almond Joys. I would trade anything in my bag for a few Almond Joys. 


The sad and unfortunate truth about Almond Joy is that one Fun Size Almond Joy has 80 calories and 4.5g of fat. Well, I have absolutely no self control when it comes to Almond Joy and I don't know about you but I would definitely eat more than just one. 

This morning I decided to treat myself to an Almond Joy Protein Smoothie. Chocolate candy for breakfast! Except that this chocolate candy has 17g of protein and kept me going without a sugar crash.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 Medium Banana
1/2 Scoop Whey Protein Chocolate 
1 Tbsp Coconut
1/2 Tbsp Ground Flax Seeds 
1 Tbsp Chocolate PB2 
1/2 tsp Almond Extract
1 Heaping Handful of Ice

Optional Add-ins: Coconut oil, Chia seeds, and/or Spinach.

Like with all smoothie recipes just dump everything into the blender. Then blend until really smooth.


Top it off with a couple almonds and an extra tsp of shredded coconut. It tastes EXACTLY like an Almond Joy and it was the perfect treat for a healthy Halloween treat.


What's your favorite Halloween candy? Do you think it would make a good smoothie?
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size (recipe makes one serving)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 221
Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6.6g
10%
Saturated Fat 3.2g
16%
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 35mg
12%
Sodium 226mg
9%
Total Carbohydrates 23.8g
8%
Dietary Fiber 4.0g
16%
Sugars 13.5g
Protein 17.4g
Vitamin A 6%Vitamin C 9%
Calcium 31%Iron 6%
Nutrition Grade C
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

No comments:

Post a Comment