Monday, November 11, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Bread


If you haven't noticed yet, I love pumpkin. I could eat pumpkin flavored anything. I also really loved baked goods. Pumpkin Spice Bread is one of my favorite Fall treats. This recipe is great because its lower in calories than a traditional spice loaf but the taste is still amazing. 
I was really craving Pumpkin Spice Bread yesterday afternoon so I started searching for a recipe that would satisfy my craving and not ruin my day with fat and calories. Thanks to Ruth at Living Well Spending Less I used her recipe. I made a few simple tweaks and I will be enjoying pumpkin bread for the rest of the week. 

Ingredients:
6 cups unbleached flour
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
5 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
5 eggs, beaten
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups banana, mashed
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1 1/3 cups Unsweetened Silk Almond Milk 
2 cans pumpkin puree


1. Take all of the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice) and mix them in a very large bowl.

2. In a separate bowl mix the rest of the ingredients (eggs, sugar, mashed banana, vanilla, melted coconut oil, almond milk, and pumpkin). 
3. Once liquid ingredients are mixed pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until fully incorporated. 

4. Pour mixture into loaf pans. I used a pan that makes 4 mini loaves. I also sprinkled a little pinch of pumpkin pie spice over the tops of them before popping them in a 350 degree preheated oven. 

5. Baked for 45-60 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in the middle of a loaf comes out clean.


Enjoy a slice toasted with butter or just by itself. I like to mine with a little honey drizzled on it. 


What kind of breads do you make in the fall? I also like cranberry bread. 
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 slice 
**Recipe makes 64 servings
Amount Per Serving
Calories 88
Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1.7g
3%
Saturated Fat 1.1g
6%
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 13mg
4%
Sodium 143mg
6%
Total Carbohydrates 16.6g
6%
Dietary Fiber 0.6g
2%
Sugars 6.9g
Protein 1.8g
Vitamin A 9%Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 3%Iron 4%
Nutrition Grade C
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

No comments:

Post a Comment