Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Crust-less Pumpkin Pie


We are only two days away from Thanksgiving!! I am so excited! I love Thanksgiving so much. Probably because I love cooking and spending time with family. One of the most important things about Thanksgiving is the tradition. My family has so many traditions for Thanksgiving. We always make stuffed artichokes (recipe to come soon!), and we always share our blessings of the year with each other, I always watch the parade as soon as it starts in the morning (my FAVORITE part is the little bits of the Broadway musicals they show first thing in the morning), and of course we ALWAYS have pumpkin pie. 

This year I thought I would try and make traditional pumpkin pie lighter since pumpkin itself it actually very good for you. Although we will also have the full fat version it's nice to have the option of a lighter version. I know that I will probably only eat this lighter version because it rocks! If you like a custardy pumpkin pie you will love this crust-less pumpkin pie too! 

It's also SUPER simple! Just dump the following ingredients into a large bowl and whisk together until smooth.


Ingredients:
15 oz. can Libby's Pumpkin Puree
12 oz. can Fat Free Evaporated Milk
4 Large Egg Whites
2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
10 packets Splenda*

Pour into a pie pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray and place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. 


Once the sides are golden brown take a tooth pick and insert it in the middle of the pie. If the toothpick comes out clean the pie is done. Take it out and let it cool completely so that it can set.

* I used Splenda but you really could use any sweetener of choice. If you are trying to eat clean I would suggest maple syrup in place of the Splenda.

What is your favorite thing to eat on Thanksgiving?
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 slice (Pie makes 8 slices)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 62
Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.4g
1%
Cholesterol 2mg
1%
Sodium 79mg
3%
Total Carbohydrates 11.7g
4%
Dietary Fiber 4.7g
19%
Sugars 6.8g
Protein 5.9g
Vitamin A 134%Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 14%Iron 3%
Nutrition Grade B
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting the nutritional information. I'm trying to lose some weight and have been counting calories, so this dessert is going to come in handy during Thanksgiving.I've never been a fan of the the crust so this is perfect. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete