Thursday, October 31, 2013

50 Calorie Brownie Bites

Happy Halloween!
I'm getting ready for my Halloween Party this weekend and was asked several times to make my brownie bites. I love these things because they are wicked easy to make. I've made these before and I swear to you that no one could tell they were low-cal.
I cannot take credit for this recipe though because it it a Hungry Girl Recipe 

It's really simple. Just two ingredients; Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix with Chocolate Chips and one can of Libby's Pumpkin (Pumpkin Puree NOT Pumpkin Pie Filling). I like the Ghirardelli mix the best because it is super chocolatey but you could make it even lower calories if you used a sugar free brownie mix. 

I pinky promise to you that you do not taste the pumpkin at all. I made these for my mom a few weeks ago and she hates pumpkin and she had no idea they were made with pumpkin. The chocolate completely masks the pumpkin. 

The pumpkin also makes these brownies much healthier than the regular egg and oil recipe. According to the National Cancer Institute, pumpkins have the antioxidant beta-carotene, which can help prevent cancer. Pumpkin is also loaded with Potassium. So if you needed an excuse to eat brownies there ya go!


Following the directions on the box of Brownie mix I set the oven to 325.

Just mix both ingredients in a large bowl until smooth.

Then drop a heaping Tbsp of the batter into a greased mini muffin pan. I used a mini muffin pan but you could also use a brownie pan and just cut them into small squares. 

Before placing in the preheated oven I measured out 2 tsp of sprinkles and sprinkled a little on each little brownie.

Bake for 30 minutes.
Take them out and let them cool. 

I like them best warm, my mom likes them when they are frozen. Really they are good no matter what AND they are ONLY 50 calories each! 

Yay! for low-cal chocolate treats!! :)

Today at work I wore a little witches hat. 


What are you wearing today for Halloween?
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 23 g (1 brownie bite)
Amount Per Serving
Calories50
Calories from Fat17
% Daily Value*
Total Fat1.9g
3%
Trans Fat0.0g
Cholesterol0mg
0%
Sodium39mg
2%
Total Carbohydrates10.5g
3%
Protein0.7g
Vitamin A 25%Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0%Iron 2%
Nutrition Grade C+
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
Makes 48 Brownie Bites!

1 comment: