Monday, April 15, 2013

Banana Bread Green Monster Smoothie

Happy Monday Ya'll! It was a really fun weekend and it flew by fast. I spent as much time as possible outside enjoying this beautiful weather.
I have been drinking this smoothie for breakfast for almost two weeks straight and I finally thought I would post it. It's super simple and healthy, and keeps me feeling full for hours.
I've always loved banana bread and this smoothie taste just like the real thing. 


Ingredients:
1 Banana - Frozen
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup Vanilla Almondmilk
3-4 Heaping Handfuls of Spinach
A Few Dashes of Pumpkin Pie Spice
Optional: Walnuts, Ground Flax, Greek Yogurt (to make it thicker), uncooked oats

Throw all of the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.

Pour into a pretty glass and enjoy. 

Side note: I've made this with the ground flax and it gives it a bit of a bitter taste. I typically omit the flax unless I'm feeling particularly healthy that day. 
That's the beauty of smoothies, you can just throw in what you have on hand and omit others to make it exactly the way you want it and it almost always comes out tasting wonderful.
I've been pretty hooked on this tasty little concoction and it keeps me full until my late morning snack. 

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 (without the optional ingredients)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 280
Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1.1g
2%
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 2mg
1%
Sodium 150mg
6%
Total Carbohydrates 32.5g
11%
Dietary Fiber 6.3g
25%
Sugars 15.4g
Protein 31.8g
Vitamin A 227%Vitamin C 76%
Calcium 26%Iron 22%
Nutrition Grade B+
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet



What other things could you throw in here to make it taste even better?


No comments:

Post a Comment