Friday, April 12, 2013

Coconut Oil Body Scrub

Hello beautiful weather!
It's starting to get warm and the sun is shining. Which means sundress season is finally here. I live in sundresses and I wanted to get myself ready. Which means sunless tanner and smooth legs, and that means exfoliating.

 I love really simple homemade beauty products. I mean seriously better than store bought. I wanted to make a scrub that not only exfoliates but makes my skin silky smooth. So naturally I turned to my all time favorite beauty product, coconut oil.


The line up of ingredients is super simple. 
2 tbsp.Coconut oil
1/2 cup White Sugar
Juice of One Lemon

To make, just microwave the coconut oil for about 30 seconds or until its completely melted. Then add in the lemon juice and sugar.

I literally used this everywhere, including my face and it felt wonderful, before putting on sunless tanner. It was really great to use before shaving my legs. I didn't even need to rinse it off before I began shaving and my legs were so smooth after.

I would definitely put this in an air tight jar and only keep it on hand for about a week so it doesn't spoil.  

What are some of your summer beauty tricks?

No comments:

Post a Comment