Sunday, March 25, 2012

Summer Caesar Salad

The weather here has been insanely warm. I'm talking almost 90 degrees every day this week and then loud house rattling thunderstorms at night. When the weather is like this I crave everything summer; swimming pools (well maybe not swimming pools during a thunderstorm.), tan lines, fruity cocktails and as of recently fresh salads. I'm not normally a salad girl. I really wish I was but I just never feel like they're satisfying, especially when your super hunger. But lately I've been on a salad kick so the other night I made a really delicious salad.
 I marinaded a chicken breast in the fridge all day in 
Newman's Own Light Italian
-the juice of one lemon 
-a pinch of garlic power
-a pinch of Morton's Nature's Seasons
-some fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Then I threw the chicken on a skillet and once it was  fully cooked I let it cool and chopped it up. 

While I was cooking the chicken I took half a loaf of day old Italian bread and cubed it and tossed it in the dressing and the other ingredients I used on the chicken.
Once the croutons were golden brown and crunchy I removed them from the oven and added them to my salad that I had already chopped. My salad had just your basic salad ingredients; Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers. 
Then I covered my salad in my favorite homemade Caesar dressing. 
-3 cloves of oven roasted garlic
-1 cup mayonnaise
-1tsp Dijon mustard
-1/2 tsp regular yellow mustard
-3tbs red wine vinegar
-2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
-juice of one lemon
-1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
-1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
-salt & pepper

 I throw all of the ingredients in a mason jar and shake until completely mixed. The dressing lasts in the fridge for about a week and is so so good. I mean like dip your bread in it, lick the rest of the bowl good.



No comments:

Post a Comment