Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pulled Chicken Sandwiches

I've been MIA for awhile because I've had the worst luck with my computers and I've lost a lot of great recipes. But I'm back and with a simple and super delicious recipe. I'm from the south so it's in my DNA to love barbecue but it's really hard to find it out here in California. I created this recipe so that I could have a healthier taste of home. It's really simple because I just threw all the ingredients in the crock-pot for 5 hours.

The sauce is made of 6 oz.can of tomato paste, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1 tbs ketchup, 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce, 1 tbs mustard, 1 tbs paprika, 1 tsp Mrs. Dash Southwestern chipolte seasoning, 2 tbs hot sauce, 1tsp salt, 1/4 white onion chopped, 1 clove of garlic. I also used 1/4 cup KC Masterpiece original barbecue sauce. (Yes, that is my cat in the upper right corner. Shes a little chicken thief.)

Empty the can of tomato paste and the ketchup into a warm crock-pot.

Gradually add the rest of the sauce ingredients (except for garlic and onion) and stir as you add. Now is the perfect time to taste the sauce and make sure it's spicy enough, if it's not just add a little more hot sauce and maybe more chipolte seasoning.

 Finally throw in the onion and garlic.

Rinse 4 large chicken breasts and add them to the pot. 
Have the sauce completely covering all of the chicken.

With the crock-pot set on low just step back and leave it alone for about 5 hours.

After the 5 hours has passed go in with forks and shred the larger pieces that haven't fallen apart on their own.   

And that's it just take that juicy shredded chicken and place it on a bun and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment