Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Chocolate Peppermint Snowballs

I have finally started making my holiday treats. I have no idea what took me so long! I decided to start off by making something simple and easy and super chocolaty. I actually stole this recipe from a friend and played with it until it was decked out for the holidays. It's basically a holiday twist on Oreo balls. I call these sinful treats chocolate peppermint snowballs and they are perfect for the holidays.


The shortest list of ingredients ever:
1 package Trader Joe's Candy Cane Joe Joe's
1 cup Cream Cheese
2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
2 tbs Butter
1 tbs Milk
1 cup Sweetened Coconut Flakes

Have you ever had these cookies? If not, run don't walk to Trader Joe's and buy as many boxes as possible! I'm serious, they're that good. And perfect for these little snow balls.

Throw the entire package (Cream filling and all.) into a resealable freezer bag and beat them furiously. 

When the cookies are fine little crumbs dump the bag into a large bowl.

Add the package of cream cheese and blend the two together until it's really well incorporated.

Break off little clumps of cookie mixture and roll into 1inch balls. Throw the balls into the freezer for about an hour so that they can harden up. 

 They kind of look like the chocolate munchkins from Dunkin Donuts. Don't they?

Now stick the chocolate chips and butter in the microwave for 1 minute. The chocolate chips don't look like they've melted but once we stir them they'll smooth out. 

Stir up the chocolate chips and add the milk.

See, nice and creamy, and it tastes delicious. I couldn't help myself I had to test it first, ya know?

Place the cookie ball into the chocolate. Roll it around to make sure that it's evenly coated.

Remove the chocolate covered ball and allow the excess chocolate to drip off. 

Immediately start sprinkling with coconut. Any coconut that falls off I just pat it back on until the ball is all covered.

Using the fork drizzle a little chocolate over the top of them.

Take the finished chocolate peppermint snowballs and place them in the fridge for at least 2 hours.

And for the people who don't like coconut I left it off of a few of them. 

I really enjoyed making these. I hope you enjoy making them too! 




No comments:

Post a Comment