Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Blueberry Pie Oatmeal



I have become OBSESSED with oatmeal. I was not normally a fan of oatmeal growing up. I used to think that oatmeal was just those little packets you add water to and microwave. I would typically just eat Maple & Brown Sugar flavored and get bored of it quick. But I finally came to my senses and decided to make it myself, on the stove top. I am so happy that I did. 

I bought a big bag of frozen blueberries when I was grocery shopping last weekend and thought a blueberry oatmeal would be delicious. The secret weapon of this recipe is Wilton's Butter Flavor, it creates that buttery crust taste, without the calories! Which is exactly what I needed for a Blueberry Pie Oatmeal. 

Ingredients
1/3 cup Quaker Oatmeal
1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Wilton Butter Flavor
1/4 cup Blueberries 
2 packets Zero Calorie Sweetener (Or Sweetener of Choice)
1 tbsp Fat Free Cool Whip

I began by dumping the almond milk and dry oats into a sauce pan and turning the heat up to medium. 
Once it comes to a low boil I add the blueberries, vanilla extract, butter flavor, sweetener of choice and cinnamon.
Stir it up and let it sit for another minute. Then take it off the heat and allow it to cool.

Top with Cool Whip and a few extra blueberries and enjoy!



What do you add to your oatmeal in the morning?
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 313 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 
173
Calories from Fat 
42
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 
4.6g
7%
Trans Fat 
0.0g
Cholesterol 
0mg
0%
Sodium 
183mg
8%
Total Carbohydrates 
27.2g
9%
Dietary Fiber 
5.2g
21%
Sugars 
5.3g
Protein 
4.7g
Vitamin A 10%Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 46%Iron 12%
Nutrition Grade B-
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

No comments:

Post a Comment