Monday, September 10, 2012

Exciting News and A Moisturizing Banana Face Mask


I can now say (with a big ‘ol grin across my face) that I am officially an adult. This week I was hired for my first adult in the real world job. I am the new Client Manager for a marketing firm in the city. Not the big city, by which I mean San Francisco but San Jose which is still pretty big compared to the small town in North Carolina that I grew up in. I really don’t know how I got so lucky and ended up with such a great job but all I know is that I have God to thank for this wonderful opportunity.

My new office! Check out that view!

In anticipation of my non-stop celebrating this weekend I wanted to pamper myself and make sure I looked my best. Also, I had a bunch of bananas that were going bad and I wanted to get rid of them. This wonderful, light and airy banana face mask worked wonders on my skin. I have a serious case of combination  skin its oily in some spots and super dry in others and this really helped. My skin was so soft and balanced after using this mask. One thing to remember for next time though is that I probably only need to use half of a banana I had so much of the mask left over that I didn't know what to do with. Although I'm sure if I really wanted to I could have made banana bread with the left overs.


This mask is incredibly easy the only ingredients that I used was one sad looking banana (like I said I probably would only use half of the banana next time), one tbs. baking soda (which I'm told whitens and brightens your skin), and one tbs. Greek yogurt.


Mix all of the ingredients together and make sure the banana is well mashed. Then just slather the delicious mixture onto your face. 

I'm probably going to regret posting this picture of me on the internet but...


I left the mask on for about 10 minutes. It felt very refreshing and smelled like banana bread. It really worked wonders on the overly dry spots on my face and it seemed to even out my complexion. I think I'll probably be using this recipe a lot over the dry winter months. 

Enjoy and let me know how it works out for ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment