Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Spicy Sesame Noodles

I have a confession to make. I am completely in love with Chinese food! It is my absolute favorite kind of food. So when my brother made these Spicy Sesame noodles for me awhile ago I started making them all the time. This is my all time favorite recipe. I'm also going to admit that I'm not one for measuring so this is a guesstimation, I usually taste and adjust as I go. 

What you need to make this is really simple:
1/2 cup Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
1 tablespoon Chili Garlic Sauce or 1 teaspoon Sriracha
1 teaspoon Rice Wine Vinegar
2 tablespoons Sesame oil
12 ounces Spaghetti 
A small can of peas drained
1 clove of Garlic 
1/4 cup Red Onion
1 tablespoon minced Ginger
a handful of sesame seeds

You can find the Chili Garlic Sauce at most grocery stores but I bought this jar at an Asian supermarket.

You could substitute the Chili Garlic Sauce with Sriracha but it is definitely a lot hotter so go easy.

Cook the noodles first. (Don't forget to add a good bit of salt to the water.)  Any noodles will work I used spaghetti because it was just what I had on hand but I think using a couple packages of Ramen noodles works best and just save the seasoning packets that comes with them. 

Chop the clove of garlic, the 1/4 cup onion (you can always add more onion I just don't really like onion all that much so I don't add a lot.) and the tablespoon ginger.

Add the brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and chili garlic sauce to the soy sauce and whisk. Throw in the garlic, ginger and onion.

Drain the noodles and pour in a pan with a little olive oil. Add the can of peas and the soy sauce mixture to the pan and toss. Stir gently and let sit in the pan to fry up for a few minutes. ( I like my noodles a little crispy so this part takes a little longer for me.) 

Serve the noodles hot and sprinkle with sesame seeds. 

Oh my Gosh! These are so amazing! 
I like to add a little more Sriracha to make them extra spicy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment