Thursday, March 14, 2013

Green Pina Colada

Alright, so I did it again. I made another green smoothie. Had you told me last week that I would be making these things like crazy and loving them I would have told you to take your predictions somewhere else, you crazy psychic. 

With the weather being so amazing lately I was craving something tropical. I'm not normally a huge fan of Pina Coladas because I don't really like cream with my alcohol, but since there isn't any alcohol in this I loved it. 
When I was little we used to go to the Myrtle Beach every summer for the 4th of July. We had the same beach house every year that was right across the street from this resort that had a Tiki Bar on the beach. My mom would always get us Pina Coladas, mine was of course virgin. Tasting this drink reminded me of that. 

Here is my health-ified version of those amazing fruity beach drinks. 


Ingredients: 
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil -Softened (I like Trader Joe's brand because it has a subtle coconut flavor)
1 Cup Frozen Pineapple
2 Heaping Handfuls of Spinach
1/4 Cup Lite Thai Coconut Milk
About half a cup of ice
A couple splashes of water

This kind of coconut milk.

Throw everybody in the blender. 
I like my smoothies really liquefied so I ended up pressing the "smoothie" button twice. Of course if you like thicker smoothies you could probably only press it once. 

Side note: I don't know about regular blenders but the Blendtec has a specific button for smoothies.

I admit, it is a much more awesome color than a regular Pina Colada.


     
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 319 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories
252
Calories from Fat
158
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
17.5g
27%
Saturated Fat
14.9g
74%
Cholesterol
0mg
0%
Sodium
88mg
4%
Total Carbohydrates
25.9g
9%
Dietary Fiber
4.2g
17%
Sugars
15.7g
Protein
4.2g
Vitamin A 171%Vitamin C 166%
Calcium 11%Iron 18%
Nutrition Grade B
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
What is your favorite tropical drink?

No comments:

Post a Comment